The Santee Cooper Bass Club

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > 24 hour

Eddie

I was just thinking that no one fishes all night anymore so why continue to have a 2 day tournament?  It seems to be a burden on most members to have to load, unload, transport their boats, recharge batteries ect. ect.  Perhaps it is time to change the format to an all day tournament, all night tournament or just a regular tournament.  Just something to consider for future reference. 

--
July 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

john forsythe
Administrator

There is no rule or requirement for a night or 24 hour tournament. I have been telling the Presidents of the club over the last 4 years this info. I believe nobody wants to be the first to not have a 24 hour tournament. Maybe we can elect you president next year and you can be the first. Really this is a good topic to bring up at next meeting.

--
August 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM Flagged Quote & Reply

Gary Newville

I agree with Eddie and John, Eddie for pres!!!!.

--

90% of the fish are in 10% of the water.

August 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM Flagged Quote & Reply

Matt Ricci

I like the 24 hour tournament, it's fun for me. Butch and I like fishing through the night. I don't think an all day tournament would be much better though, most people stop fishing before noon during the regular ones anyways. An all night tournament would be a good idea, in the dead of the summer like this to beat the heat.

I think another good idea for a rule change or to bring up at the meeting would be making a dead / frozen fish rule / penalty. Unfortunately I can't make it to the meetings because of night school so I had to throw my idea in here.

--

August 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eddie

An all night tournament probably wouldn't be popular because many of us older guys don't see well at night anymore.  The dead fish penalty suggestion has been discussed every year I have been in the club.  Just too many reasons to keep the rule as is.  An all day tournament may fly if it is held in October when the weather is normally cooler than in August.

--
August 7, 2012 at 9:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Newville

Most ckubs fish 8 hours and sometimes less.When about eight out of the twelve times we fish it is  nine / ten hours. The way i see it we have more hours to fish then you would have in most clubs.

--

90% of the fish are in 10% of the water.

August 10, 2012 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.